Health Education Workshops with AFIU Staff in the Context of COVID-19 Pandemic
Objective: To describe the experience of educational activities in the prevention and management of COVID-19 with a staff of AFIU.
Materials and Methods: Experience report of lectures and hands-on approach to COVID-19 Pandemic.
Results: It was carried out as two hand sanitizing, donning, and doffing workshops preceded by lectures on the prevention of COVID-19 with 323 participants attending from AFIU.
Conclusion: the hybrid approach of lectures with hands-on training was effective in building up and refreshing the knowledge of staff in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Erdem H, Lucey RD. healthcare worker infections and death due to COVID-19: A survey from 37 nations and a call for WHO to post national data on their website. Int J Infect Dis. 2021 Jan; 102:239–241.
4. Turnbull D, Chugh R, Luck J. Transitioning to E-Learning during the COVID-19 pandemic: How have Higher Education Institutions responded to the challenge? [published online ahead of print, 2021 Jun 23]. Educ Inf Technol (Dordr). 2021;1-19. doi:10.1007/s10639-021-10633-w
5. Sohrabi C, Mathew G, Franchi T, et al. Impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on scientific research and implications for clinical academic training - A review. Int J Surg. 2021; 86:57-63. doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2020.12.008
6. Feng G, Jun H, Elaine G, Haitao S. Powdered Activated Charcoal Tracing in Hand Hygiene Training and Compliance Assessment During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Risk Manag Healthc Policy. 2021; 14:675-683. Published 2021 Feb 16. doi:10.2147/RMHP.S295551
7. Mahdi HA, Assaggaf HM, Alfelali M, et al. Hand Hygiene Knowledge, Perception, and Practices among Domestic Visitors to the Prophet's Mosque in Al Madinah City Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Cross-Sectional Study. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021;18(2):673. Published 2021 Jan 14. doi:10.3390/ijerph18020673
8. Bansal A, Jain S, Sharma L, Sharma N, Jain C, Madaan M. Students' perception regarding pedagogy, andragogy, and heutagogy as teaching-learning methods in undergraduate medical education. J Educ Health Promot. 2020; 9:301. Published 2020 Nov 26. doi: 10.4103/jehp.jehp_221_20
9. AMA Anderson HG Jr, Frazier L, Anderson SL, et al. Comparison of Pharmaceutical Calculations Learning Outcomes Achieved Within a Traditional Lecture or Flipped Classroom Andragogy. Am J Pharm Educ. 2017;81(4):70. doi:10.5688/ajpe81470
10. Verbeek JH, Rajamaki B, Ijaz S, et al. Personal protective equipment for preventing highly infectious diseases due to exposure to contaminated body fluids in healthcare staff. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020;4(4):CD011621. Published 2020 Apr 15. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD011621.pub4
11. AMA Verbeek JH, Rajamaki B, Ijaz S, et al. Personal protective equipment for preventing highly infectious diseases due to exposure to contaminated body fluids in healthcare staff. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2019;7(7):CD011621. Published 2019 Jul 1. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD011621.pub3
12. Wundavalli L, Singh S, Singh AR, Satpathy S. How to rapidly design and operationalise PPE donning and doffing areas for a COVID-19 care facility: quality improvement initiative. BMJ Open Qual. 2020;9(3): e001022. doi:10.1136/bmjoq-2020-001022
13. McCarthy R, Gino B, d'Entremont P, Barari A, Renouf TS. The Importance of Personal Protective Equipment Design and Donning and Doffing Technique in Mitigating Infectious Disease Spread: A Technical Report. Cureus. 2020;12(12): e12084. Published 2020 Dec 14. doi:10.7759/cureus.12084
Copyright (c) 2022 Sumbal Rana, Ali Arsalan Munir, Rafiq Zafar, Faisal Wahid, Syed Ehtesham Haider Rizvi, Zahoor Iqbal Mirza
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
All research articles published in the Journal of Rawalpindi Medical College (JRMC) are fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download, and share. Copyrights of all articles published in JRMC are retained by the authors. First publication rights are granted to JRMC. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work.
All articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.